Langhe DOC Chardonnay
Alba, Treiso, Serralunga d'Alba and Diano d'Alba
Calcareous and arenaceous marl-rich soil
Exposure and altitude
East/west - Medium-high hillside vineyards
The great versatility and adaptability of Chardonnay make it an universal vine, and although it has only been grown in the Langhe for a few years, these hills have immediately passed on their special qualities: aromas and structure. Wine-making process: after crushing, the must is immediately separated from the skins and is refrigerated and undergoes static racking. The fermentation is then carried out using selected yeasts, 70% in stainless steel at a controlled temperature (20° C), and the remaining 30% in small new Allier oak barrels holding 225 litres.
A complex aroma emerges on tasting, but it remains fresh, fruity and intense, with attractive vanille. Its sapid flavour is dry and supple at the same time, full, harmonious and long-lasting. It is at its best after several months in the bottle, with the right stuffing and muscle for lengthy keeping.
As well as being a great aperitif, its structure means that it can be served throughout a meal.