You are browsing with an outdated browser. Click here and update your browser for a better browsing experience.

Vigna La Rosa

Barolo

Barolo DOCG

Vigna La Rosa

1999 2000 2001

Grapes

Nebbiolo

Area

“La Rosa” Vineyard Serralunga d'Alba

Soil type

Calcareous marl and clay

Exposure and altitude

South/south-west - 250/310m asl

System

Guyot 4.400-5.000 plants/ha

Harvest

Mid - October

Gradation

13,5% vol

Temperature

16-18 °C

Size

0,75 L

Technical notes

Barolo La Rosa is produced from the most painstaking selections carried out in vineyard.

Vinification: one week fermentation in stainless steel tanks; after that, submerged cap maturation of about 20 days at room temperature, followed buy racking in barrels.

Ageing: 70% of the wine ages in big Slavonian oak barrels (140hl) for two years; the remaining 30% in French oak barrels for 1 year and in Slavonian oak big barrel for another year. The two … are then assembled, bottled and stocked for a further period of maturation of 12 months.

Pairings

Ideal with big red meat dishes and medium or mature cheeses, it can also make for pleasant after-dinner company.

Vintage

Regular winter with some snowfalls from January to March that helped to stock up water. Setteled weather conditions during the spring with some rainfalls and later flowering than the average. Very hot temperatures during a sunny June interrupted by some rainfalls. In August, there was an irregular weather: overcast sky and lower temperatures than the average climatic course. Fortunately the weather in September was really good and that helped Nebbiolo grape to mature perfectly with high quality.

awards

1999

Wine Spectator

90

The Wine Advocate

91

2001

The Wine Advocate

91

I vini di Veronelli

Espresso

Vinous

91

Wine Spectator

90

2000

James Suckling

95

The Wine Advocate

91